SP-11 was developed in 1995 as a treatment to preserve waterlogged and excavated wood. It has been successfully tested and used by underwater archaeologists and conservators for nearly 20 years. The benefits of using SP-11 versus other treatment methods:
- It is easy to use and does not need to be heated or diluted.
- SP-11 has small molecular weight polymers which allow for easy penetration.
- It is highly soluble in water which also aides in easier penetration.
- It does not break down in acid conditions.
- Artifacts that may need to be re-glued can be once the wood has dried.
- Treated wood is not sensitive to humidity or temperature changes.
- SP-11 will not darken the wood leaving it looking more natural.
30 gallon drum SP-11 $979.95
55 gallon drum SP-11 drum $1,585.95
Preservation Solutions is a proud member of the AIC, American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works.